Saturday, August 11, 2007

Doin' better.

Hey, Everybody,

Thanks for all the good words & thoughts. I'm feeling a little better, eating better is why. My mouth is sore, but not as bad. The exam irritated it I guess, and that was making it even worse. But also J&L figured out I'll eat fish sticks (chopped up) & I'm eating some canned food that hasn't been made all mushy. So if I can pick it up and it's soft enough, I can eat it. I haven't tried dry food in years (kidney problems) but it might work to eat it if it's been soaked. That's what works with my beloved fish cookies. And L slipped me a big bowl of tuna juice yesterday, not the best for a kidney cat but she just wanted to get something in me. Naturally I had no problem with that! In fact I wouldn't have any problem with some about now. Time to send some psychic vibrations: tuuuuna juuuuice. tuuuuuna juuuuice.

The problem with my mouth is a bone growth on my gums above my upper teeth on the left side, not the teeth themselves. Laura thought that the swelling was pulling my lip over my fang, which it sortof is, but the needle-man says the bleeding is coming from the mess farther back. The growth is so big it's beginning to grow down around the teeth on that side, and it's pretty ugly.

The idea to get a second opinion is a good one, and I'll see if I can figure out how to persuade J&L that I *want* to go to a v*t. I hear there are some nice needle-women nearby. Though I'm not sure what they could do.

I had a heck of a sneezing fit in the night. Laura was worried & crawled over by the laundry basket, where I like to sleep. Once it settled down she petted me a little & then went back to bed, so I went and got on her to let her know it was ok. The sneezing didn't cause any bleeding, which is good. This kind of cancer (if that's what I really have) can get into the sinuses & other places, and that's when things get bad.

Actually, I was doing so well today that J&L decided it'd be ok to go see a movie matinee. It turned out to be a very long movie, but they left the shades open so the sun would shine on my favorite rocker, and they left a bunch of food, so I didn't mind.

But since they're back:
Tuuuuna juuuuice. tuuuuuna juuuuice.

6 comments:

Samantha & Mom said...

So glad you are feeling better and eating! Our thoughts and purrrrrs and purrayers are with you all! Have a nice Sunday!
Your FL furiends,

Daisy said...

I'm glad you are doing better, Buddy. I will help you channel some of that energy:
"tuuuuuuna juuuuuice, tuuuuuna juuuuuuuice!"

Karen Jo said...

I am very glad to read that you are doing better. Chopped up fish sticks sound yummy to me. I am glad you got some tuna juice. Keep right on improving.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Yippie! I'm very glad you're able and wanting to eat stuff. I'm sure your mommy will find a very nice VET to get a second opinion from. That is the best idea. I hope you don't keep sneezing. That sounds icky. I do that when my ear infections flair up, but I don't get bleeding like you could. For now tho, be sure to get lotsa tooooona juice to keep up your strength

The Lee County Clowder said...

Tuuuuna juuuuice. tuuuuuna juuuuice. Give Nezbine tuuuuuna juuuuice.

Glad you're feeling better, Nez.

Molly said...

All the great cat stories are my bedime stories. Molly